GlycoBase 3.2.4 is a novel HPLC/UPLC resource that contains elution positions (expressed as glucose unit values) for more than 650 2AB-labeled N-linked and O-linked glycan structures determined by a combination of HPLC, UPLC, exoglycosidase sequencing and mass spectrometry (MALDI-MS, ESI-MS, ESI-MS/MS, LC-MS, LC-ESI-MS/MS).
The devolpment of GlycoBase 3.2.4 is currently supported by the FP7 Framework project GlycoBioM. The aim of this project is to develop the next generation diagnostic tool kit for the screening and analysis of carbohydrate biomarkers. If you would like to learn more about the GlycoBioM consortium, please visit the official webpage.
GlycoBase 3.2.4 contains a series of collections including published and propriety glycans. It provides the user with bioinformatics and visualisation functionalities for the data-mining of glycans with biological interest.
Glycobase is being developed at NIBRT and branched off from EurocarbDB in 2009.Glycobase Major Code Contributors
- Dr. Fergal Duffy (NIBRT - Postdoctoral Researcher)
- Dr. Giorgio Carta
- Dr. John O'Rourke
- Dr. Matthew Campbell (Currently at Macquarie University)
The National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (NIBRT) is a global centre of excellence for training and research in bioprocessing. NIBRT is located in a new, world class facility in Dublin, Ireland. This facility is purpose built to closely replicate a modern bioprocessing plant with state of the art equipment.
NIBRT is based on an innovative collaboration between University College Dublin, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin City University and the Institute of Technology, Sligo. NIBRT was primarily funded by the Government of Ireland through Ireland's inward investment promotion agency, IDA Ireland (Industrial Development Agency), which is responsible for the attraction and development of foreign investment in Ireland.
NIBRT offers a quality training and research experience not previously possible anywhere in the world.
- NIBRT - NIBRT Public Website
- NIBRT Glycobiology Group - Prof. Pauline Rudd's Research Group Page
- Training at NIBRT - NIBRT Training Group
- eurocarbdb.org - official source of EurocarbDB reports and recommendations
- EurocarbDB development on googlecode - the epicentre of eurocarbdb development
- email@example.com - mailing group, mainly for scientific users of the software
- firstname.lastname@example.org - mailing group, mainly for developers and technically inclined users
The National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (NIBRT) is located in Dublin, Ireland with a mandate to support the development of the bioprocessing industry by:
- Training highly skilled personnel for the bioprocessing industry.
- Conducting world-class research in key areas of bioprocessing.
- Providing flexible, multi-purpose bioprocessing research and training facilities.