GlycoBase consists of a number databases of glycans (both N- and O-linked) and where possible associated chromatographic data and biological contexts.
GlycoBase contains two main collection types:
Published glycan collections:
Contains glycans with published HPLC data.
Proprietary glycan collections:
Contains glycans whose associated data is both published and unpublished.
This database includes NIBRT proprietary data, containing glycans which have not yet been published which have been obtained from internal method development and research activities. The proprietary database includes the UPLC database developed in association with Waters.
Users can access the Published Glycan Collections for free without the need of creating a login
Is there a charge to access GlycoBase?
All users have free access to the GlycoBase’s published glycan collections.
All users can request a 30 days evaluation period for the Proprietary Collections by contacting us directly or by registering with GlycoBase. After the evaluation period, the access charges to GlycoBase proprietary glycan collections are as follows:
- Academic users €Free.
- Non-academic users €2,000 ($2600) per annum. (*Based on exchange rates May 2013)
Future releases of GlycoBase will include more glycan collections and more GU values from different analytical techniques, such as Reverse-Phase HPLC and Capillary Electrophoresis.
The National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (NIBRT) is a global centre of excellence for training and research in bioprocessing. NIBRT is located in a new, world class facility in Dublin, Ireland. This facility is purpose built to closely replicate a modern biopharma plant with state-of-the-art equipment and was awarded a Special Recognition Award in the ISPE Facility of the Year Awards for 2011. NIBRT provides a comprehensive range of services to individuals and organisations in the biopharma industry including:
- Training and education programmes tailored to meet a client’s specific requirements
- Applied research programmes focused on the implementing solutions to a client’s key issues
- Contract research services with a particular expertise on complete product and process characterisation and glycan analytics
Please contact us today to discuss further how NIBRT can best support your training and research requirements. Further information is available from www.nibrt.ie.
The National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (NIBRT) is located in Dublin, Ireland with a mandate to support the development of the bioprocessing industry by:
- Training highly skilled personnel for the bioprocessing industry.
- Conducting world-class research in key areas of bioprocessing.
- Providing flexible, multi-purpose bioprocessing research and training facilities.