NIBRT Database Collection
the beauty of a glycan is not the sugars that go into it, but the way those sugars are put together
Welcome to the GlycoBase 3.2.4 suite of databases
Access to the Pub-Collections within GlycoBase 3.2.4 is free and does not require login.
All commercial users wishing to access Pro-Collections are required to sign a license agreement with NIBRT.
Please request additional information about licensing and fees here.
Academic users can access the Pro-Collections within GlycoBase 3.2.4 for free once approved. Please request additional information here.
If you are a new user, please, complete the registration form here.
Please note that Flash Player 9.0.45 or higher is required. The latest version of Flash Player is available at the Adobe Flash Player Download Center.
NIBRT provides a range of contract glycan assessment analytical services to a diverse client base. These services are based on NIBRT's proprietary high-throughput HPLC based glycan analysis technology. Some of the key features of NIBRT's analytical services are:
- High degree of sensitivity (LOD 2 femtomoles of sugar; 1% of glycan pool).
- High-throughput method based on 96 well format.
- Orthogonal verification using Mass Spec.
- Cost effective and efficient management of client's requirements.
For further information on these services please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent publications by the group can be found here.
- High-throughput glycome analysis is set to join high-throughput genomics. Rudd PM, Rudan I, Wright AF. J Proteome Res. 2009 Mar;8(3):1105.
- Variability, heritability and environmental determinants of human plasma N-glycome. Knezevic A., et al., J Proteome Res. 2009 Feb;8(2):694-701.
- The Impact of Glycosylation on the Biological Function and Structure of Human Immunoglobulins. Arnold, J.N., et al. (2007) Annu Rev Immunol, 25 21-50
- Glycobiology and Medicine. Rudd, P.M. and R.A. Dwek (2006) The Biochemist, 28 3, 18-21
- Glycobiology - discovery, diagnostics and drugs, in Glycobiology, C. Sansom and O. Markman, Editors. 2007, Scion publishing Limited. p. 8 - 11.
- A spoonful of sugar. Nature Vol 457 29 January 2009, Technology Feature Glycobiology.
- Commercial interest grows in glycan analysis. Sheridan, C. (2007) Nat Biotechnol, 25 2, 145-6
- Biologic Drugs - Understanding their Complexity Chemical and Engineering News
- Advances in the Analysis of Glycans for the Characterization of Biopharmaceuticals Genetic Engineering and Biotech News
- Separation-based Glycoprofiling Approaches using Fluorescent Labels. P.J. Domann, A.C. Pardos-Pardos, D.L. Fernandes, D.I. Spencer, C.M. Radcliffe, L. Royle, R.A. Dwek, P.M. Rudd (2007) Proteomics, 7 Suppl 1, 70-76.
- HPLC-based analysis of serum N-glycans on a 96-well plate platform with dedicated database software Royle, L., et al. (2008) Anal Biochem, 376 1, 1-12
The National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (NIBRT) is located in Dublin, Ireland with a mandate to support the development of the bioprocessing industry by:
- Training highly skilled personnel for the bioprocessing industry.
- Conducting world-class research in key areas of bioprocessing.
- Providing flexible, multi-purpose bioprocessing research and training facilities.
- GlycoBioM Project Webpage: The GlycoBioM project sponsors the development of GlycoBase under the EU FP7 Framework.
- UniCarb-DB: LC-MS Glycan Data
- MIRAGE: Minimum Information Required for A Glycomics Experiment.
- GlycosuiteDB: The GlycoSuite database (GlycoSuiteDB) is an annotated and curated relational database of glycan structures from glycoproteins.
- EUROCarbDB: An experimental and structural database.
- GlycoMod: A tool for calculating the composition of glycans from MS data.
- SugarBind: A database of pathogen-glycan interactions.
- GLYCAM: An environment for exploring 3-D glycan and glycoprotein structures.
- RINGS: A web resource providing algorithmic and data mining tools.
- MonosaccharideDB: MonosaccharideDB is a comprehensive resource of monosaccharide data and information.
- GlycomeDB: A portal for querying across the digital world of carbohydrate sequences.
- UniCarb-KB: UniCarb-KB builds on the efforts of GlycoSuiteDB to provide curated glycan structures from glycoproteins.
- EuroCarb on Google CodeOpen Source code of the EuroCarb project - a useful source of glycan bioinformatics tools.